n|u Puliya, really short courses for skill bridging.
Puliya means culvert or a small bridge in Hindi.
We have been getting constant feedback about our null Humla and null Bachaav sessions. The feedback is both ways and almost all the champions are of the opinion that there are some essential non-security skills that are sorely lacking in a lot of attendees.
To "bridge" this gap in skills of our members attending the sessions we are starting null Puliya. The idea is to bridge the skill gap and get our members ready to take on advanced topics covered in null Humla and null Bachaav.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Basics of Wireshark by Harshal jamdade
- Personal Security Hygiene by Akash Mahajan
- Getting started with encrypted email by Akash Mahajan
null Puliya are short Bridge sessions about topics which enable security and may not be directly security topics.
On 19th of April, we are planning to learn about basics of security for the whole day.
These are the following topics that going to be covered.
- Basics of Wireshark - Harshal
- Personal Security Hygiene - Akash Mahajan
- Using SSH Securely
- Encrypted Email, exchange of keys etc.
Venue and Timing
- 10 AM - 6 PM
- 19th April 2014
- You commit to attending the full session. This involves turning up on time and staying till the end.
- You will bring a laptop on which you had admin privileges. Anyone who brings a laptop without that will not be supported.
- You promise to completely do the hands-on, on your own and follow the code of conduct.
- Your laptop is running one of the following operating system classes.
4.1 Any modern Windows version.
4.2 Any modern Linux distro with GUI.
4.3 Any modern and supported version of Mac OSX
- Your laptop has a working wireless connection and you know how to connect to a wireless network.
- Sufficient free disk space - About 20 GB will be enough
|Date||Saturday April 19 2014|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||10:00 AM|
|End Time||06:01 PM|