n|u Puliya, really short courses for skill bridging.
Puliya means culvert or a small bridge in Hindi.
We have been getting constant feedback about our null Humla and null Bachaav sessions. The feedback is both ways and almost all the champions are of the opinion that there are some essential non-security skills that are sorely lacking in a lot of attendees.
To "bridge" this gap in skills of our members attending the sessions we are starting null Puliya. The idea is to bridge the skill gap and get our members ready to take on advanced topics covered in null Humla and null Bachaav.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Getting Started with Android Security by Kartik Lalan
- Getting Started with Windows Security by Kaushal Banninthaya
Getting Started with Mobile Application Security
Why the session on Mobile Application Security
Mobile Application Security, while has existed for some time now, is a constantly evolving target, changing with available platforms and the popularity of the platforms. Now it is clear that the three main platforms dominating the space are Android, iOS and Windows. We intend to cover these platforms and various aspects of testing applications on these platforms - from basics to advanced in the coming months. Our goal: Build a large base of security enthusiasts learning together the art of Mobile Application Security
What are we going to cover
- How to get started with Mobile Application Security
- Background about the platforms
- Hardware, Software and Device requirements
Attendees who would like to work along
1. Need to bring a laptop
2. Need to have internet access as the venue will not be providing any
3. Download Android Studio and Visual Studio 2015 from the below links and install them to save time!
Visual Studio 2015
Who can attend
Anyone who's interested in getting introduced to Mobile Application Security
How long is it
This session will take about 3 hours to complete.
|Date||Saturday October 08 2016|
|Event Type||Open to Everybody|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||01:00 PM|
|Name||Speaker||Start Time||End Time||Resources|
|Getting Started with Android Security||Kartik Lalan||09:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Networking Break||11:00 AM||11:15 AM|
|Getting Started with Windows Security||Kaushal Banninthaya||11:15 AM||12:45 PM|
No. 33, Prestige Dynasty Ulsoor Road, Sivanchetti Gardens
Yellappa Chetty Layout, Sivanchetti Gardens
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042
- Please bring a Government issued ID card (Pan, Driving license, etc) for entry into the compound.
- Laptops have to be declared with serial numbers at the building security.